Facilities Department Accomplishments
- The Facilities Planning office completed the installation of new chiller and air handling unit for the Eissey Campus Theatre.
- The Facilities Planning office completed construction of new paralegal office on 2nd floor of Administration Building on the Lake Worth campus. The design work was directed by Kirk Stetson, while David Suarez acted as the construction project manager.
- The Lake Worth Facilities office completed the installation of new energy efficient LED lighting in the parking lots around the Education and Training Center on the Lake Worth campus. This improvement increased the lighting levels in these parking lots by 200-250%, while reducing the total energy consumption by 33%. Funding for this energy improvement project came from utility savings realized by Facilities on the Lake Worth campus.
- The District Facilities staff working with the Lake Worth Facilities staff and the Facilities Planning office have completed all construction associated with the New Panther’s Closet Thrift Store located on the Lake Worth campus.
- The Palm Beach Gardens Facilities Team, under the direction of Frank Atkins, worked with outside engineers and vendors to complete Phase 4A of the Central Quad LED Lighting Improvement Project. 48 fixtures were changed and will add increased lighting to the student walkways in the center of the campus while lowering electrical consumption by 27,173 KWH/YR and saving the College almost $3,300/YR. Funding for this energy improvement project came from utility savings realized by Facilities on the Palm Beach Gardens campus.
- The Facilities Team on the Belle Glade campus, worked with vendors and their own staff, to convert CRB218 to an additional nursing lab.
- Sal Vacirca and the Lake Worth Facilities Grounds staff worked to restore the turf and planting beds in the Xeriscape Planting area on the north side of the Social Science Building on the Lake Worth campus. They also made plant bed improvements at the SCC Building.
- Frank Atkins, the manager of the Palm Beach Gardens Facilities office, worked with an outside vendor to complete the exterior railing restoration project at the Eissey Campus Theatre.
- Tony Milici coordinated the construction efforts of several contractors to complete the change out of the primary electrical transformer for the Administration Building on the Boca Raton campus.
- The Facilities Planning office coordinated efforts of several vendors to preform minor renovations and equipment change-outs at the main Copy Center located on the Lake Worth campus.