What Can The Career Center Do For Me
Career and College Planning
Career Center Brochure
- Career advising and counseling
- Computerized career guidance programs including SIGI3, and more
- Assistance with college major selection
- Information on occupations
- Career Mentors - talk with local mentors in various careers
Exploring College and Career Options Workshops
- Career Development Courses - (not available at all locations)
SLS1300 - Career Self Assessment - 1 Credit
SLS1301 - Career Development - 3 Credits
SLS1302 - Career Information & Decision Making - 1 Credit
- Job search guidance and advising
- Job seeking, interviewing, and resume writing assistance and workshops
- Part-time and full-time job listings
- Job alerts via email
- Online resume posting to jobs
- Yearly job fairs
- Employer on-campus recruitment
- SLS1303 - job search - 1 credit
Where do I start?
Step 1: Visit one of our campus Career Centers for an introduction to our services and resources.
Step 2: Logon to Palm Beach State Online Career Center: >> Student Login
The Online Career Center gives you access to thousands of resources to assist in your career exploration and/or job search, including our Career Mentor Network featuring local professionals ready to help you, local job listings, and an employer resume database.
Step 3: For individual assistance in your career planning or job search, please set up an appointment with a Career Development Advisor at one of the campus Career Centers.
Who is Eligible to use PBSC Career Center Services
Currently enrolled students in degree, certificate/PSAV programs, credit classes, non-credit professional development courses (i.e. insurance, real estate, security guard) and Crossroads Program students are eligible to use the Career Centers. Students are eligible for services for the full academic year, even if they enroll for only one term or semester within the year.
Graduates of Palm Beach State College degrees and certificate programs.
- Former students who complete an associate’s degree, bachelor’s degree, or a certificate lasting more than six (6) months are eligible for lifetime access to the Career Centers services.
- Former students completing certificate programs lasting six (6) months or less receive Career Center services for one year following receipt of the certificate. After one year, enrollment in another Palm Beach State course or program is needed to receive services.
Prospective students with an application and the appropriate test scores on file may be eligible for limited Career Center services in the semester prior to starting classes.
, (previously attended Palm Beach State but did not graduate and want to enroll in the upcoming semester or term), must complete any additional admission requirements to enroll for the upcoming term. Students may be eligible for limited services until they start classes in the upcoming term
Resources for Potential Students
Confused about which program of study to pursue and not sure of your interests?
The O*Net Interest Profiler is a short online interest inventory where you answer questions about the type of work you might enjoy and get suggested careers that match your interests and the amount of education you want.
The Occupational Outlook Handbook provides information about the day to day activities of various occupations, job outlook, education and salary range.
Areas of Study at Palm Beach State College Learn about the certificate and degree programs offered at Palm Beach State College.
Prospective students with a college application on file are encouraged to enroll in a free workshop,
Exploring College and Career Options, where you will complete a career interest inventory, learn about resources to research occupations, and relate them to programs of study.
CareerSource of Palm Beach County provides services and resources to assist individuals in the community to obtain employment and develop skills through local training programs.
Central Career Center 3400 Belvedere Road, West Palm Beach Phone: (561) 340-1060
West Career Center 1085 South Main Street, Belle Glade Phone: (561) 829-2040